Last Updated: August 1, 2018
Element, brought to you by Experiences Inc (”Company” or “We”), respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the Element Platform (see Terms of Service for definitions).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this Platform and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App and our website (www.element-app.com).
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (eg. places you visit). These third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 18
The App is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, through manual entry or limited information from Facebook authentication which you have authorized.
- Automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this Platform, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address or telephone number, gender, birthday (”personal information”). Only your First Name and Age will be publically visible.
- Optional information about your Education and Work
- Report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the App.
- You may provide information to be published or displayed (”Posted”) on public areas of the App (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions may be accessible by the general public and are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the Element Platform, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. We may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information.
- Stored Information and Files. At your discretion, the App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips.
- Location Information. This App collects information about the approximate location of your device while the App is in use. Measures have been taken to obfuscate your location for your safety. Location is a requirement and if you do not want this information collected do not download the App or delete it from your device. We do not store a history of your previous locations.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Element Platform or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect anonymous diagnostic information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers
- Analytics companies
- Your mobile device manufacturer
- Your mobile service provider
- Promotional content or services
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this app. The information they collect may be associated with your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Deliver information relating to Experiences which you are interested in
- We periodically identify your location while you are using the app to:
- Provide you with geographically relevant content
- Provide anonymized data to businesses about consumer trends
- Provide a rough approximation of distance, visible to other users
- We periodically identify your location while you are using the app to:
- Your precise location is never stored or shared, ever.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company. about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App Terms and Conditions.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
If you delete your User Contributions from the App, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other App users. Proper access and use of information provided on the App, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms of Service.